This is one of the greatest plugins of all time.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
doesnt work to me
What version of Aseprite are you using? Do other extensions work for you?
v.1.2.29, but i will soon update it
Magic Pencil relies on events that were introduced in version 1.2.30, I believe the oldest version I tested this extension on was 1.2.35.
If you’d like to use this extention (and gor other reasons), I’d recommend to upgrade Aseprite to the newest, available version.
Where can do atomization effect ? I no find it ....
can you help me ?
I’m assuming that by atomisation you mean the simulated sand/water - they aren’t included in the Magic Pencil, they will be released separately in the future.
I try 10 times, still got this error, install 1.02 or 1.03 same error.... can you help me ?
You can try to:
- Uninstall the extension first from Edit > Preferences > Extensions, it might throw this error, ignore it
- Close and reopen Aseprite, make sure it’s removed in Prefer Edit > Preferences > Extensions
- Try installing Magic Pencil fresh, v1.0.3 would be the best, this shouldn’t throw an error
- Restart Aseprite and check does Magic Pencil appear in the Edit menu and does it work
If this doesn’t help, please provide:
- Aseprite version
- Operating system version I’ll try to investigate this issue further.
I dont know if its a bug, but you can spawn another windows even though it's already appear?
99% chance it’s a bug, 1% it’s an extra feature - this is an untested case, thank you for reporting this!
Does the magic pencil work with indexed palettes?
Sadly, it doesn’t there are technical reasons for it, the current implementation makes it difficult. Until API changes or I find a solution to make it work reliably it’s only for RGB color mode.
However, it does have an Indexed Mode which restricts all colors to the current palette, which means no function of the Magic Pencil will introduce new colors to your image.
This is so useful and easy to use. Great job!
A noob question. How am I supposed to install it?
That’s a fair question
- Download the ZIP file from this page - any version, though the newest is recommended
- Extract files from the ZIP archive
- Open the Magic Pencil.aseprite-extension file, extracted from the ZIP archive
- A window within Aseprite should pop-up asking you to confirm the installation, click Yes (twice if that’s an update)
- Restart Aseprite
Good stuff. Thank you!
That's just awesome...you're a genius! <3
I said I would live and die for magic pencil and now I get to live that out. Best extension on the web.
This is incredible!
amazing, it's the Excalibur.
This is awesome!